Saturday, November 28, 2009

Starving Cat

Why is it that all pet owning people possess friends that always seem to think that the animal is starving? Just this afternoon my friend, Jenny, was scouring the refrigerator for a forgotten left over to feed the cat that she swears has not eaten in a week. This cat, named Ollie by my daughter, just so happens to be the cat that she brought my daughter after her kitten had been hit by a car. I am not sure what Jenny was thinking since we live on a farm and the cats seem to reproduce exponetially. Anyhow starving Ollie is a fat cat who's gut scrapes the gravel as it walks along the driveway to meet Jenny and her latest offering. I wonder if there is gastric bypass available for cats. I suppose I shouldn't worry, spring always brings a fresh case of worms. Wait til the pooh begins to wriggle and the stomach reverts to its old position. In the meantime I catch Ollie chewing on a frozen hot dog that had been stolen from the chest freezer. Of course, living in Minnesota, this time of year that not so hot dog will remain hard until about noon tomorrow. And I suppose we run into the possibility of tooth breakage due to rock hard weiners. I wonder what the vet will think...

1 comment:

  1. Way too funny -- keep writing like this and you'll be the next Dooce.

    patty (follow the link to my blog -- but, don't tell everyone about it... we're in a kind of secret club :).

    ReplyDelete