Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Another year has passed at an unbelieve pace. When I was a kid, I remember the grown ups saying how fast time was going and now I get it. It is going way too fast!

We have had an incredibly busy year this year. Jacob keeps us running from one doctor appointment to another. I must say though that I am impressed with the team that watches out for him. He has learned to sit finally and he has mastered winking which he seems to save for pretty ladies and his momma. We walked with him in his first Buddy Walk for Downs Syndrome in September and I must say as his mother it was very therapuetic. It is truly amazing what these kids can accomplish. He truly a blessing.

Emily continues to be a good source of entertainment. She started Kindergarten this year and is sure to tell us what every child did during the day that was "naughty". Of course, she leaves any part that she had played in the wrong-doing. She has a sassy little attitude that I must say she needs to live in this house and thankfully she keeps it to herself whe she is out in public. She says she knows better than to misbehave in front of others. So everyons thinks she is a sweet angel, which she is some of the time. Her and Jacon had pictures taken at Hoffbeck Photography in Hastings and the company put her picture in the window. This was the "best thing ever" since she intends on beoming "America's Next Top Model".

John spent the year farming and keeping the beer companies in business. He seems to be at his happiest when he is bobbing around on the tractor. I have learned not to interupt him as it has a similar affect as waking a sleep walker. He and Jacob have become good buddies and he is deeply saddened that Emily is in school. I know it is hard for him because he really only sees her on the weekends. He seems to be getting used to the idea that she is growing up but he is still dreading the day she moves away.

I am still not running about too much after ankle surgery. I never realized that it would take so long to heal. I did learn through the process that you should never plan a vacation over the interet while on pain killers, though. I may need to start a side business to pay for our trip to Disney World. I suppose some day when I am old, I mean older than today, I will hold on to the memory of our kids enjoyment as they experience the fun we have planned. I just hope John will recover from the cost. Since he feels sorry for me and my gimpy leg, he seems to have forgiven my spending indiscretion. He did say, however, that I could make it up to him later. Whatever that means.

Well, that is a glimpse in the life of the Heinbuchs. We hope that you have had a joyous year and that the upcoming year will bring you 365 days of happiness. There are that many days in a year, right? Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment