Sunday, December 6, 2009

Learning to Walk

After having surgery on my left ankle just over 2 months ago, I am now learning to walk all over again. It is not all that difficult but the pain can be excrutiating. Just when I feel like throwing in the towel, I see a permanently handicapped person and I quit feeling sorry for myself. I tell you after this experoence I have an even greater respect for anyone who is confined to a wheel chair or any other affliction that keeps them from walking with out assistance. Of course, my other motivator is the fact that I need to stand on my left foot so that I can kick my husband in the butt with the right foot ( I am right footed).

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the boot would throw your balance off... but, you could become an ambidextrous kicker :) --

    ReplyDelete